If you haven’t had a gluten free cookie magic bar, you haven’t lived! These savory desserts are a decadent treat that are sure to please. The gluten free cookies provide a rich base for the magic bars, complimented by the crunchy coconut flakes and chopped walnuts. When baked to a light golden brown, the ingredients melt together in a magical combination of flavor and texture earning them the nick name: “magic bars”.
We love our Sophia’s Dark Chocolate chip or for the chocolate lover: Dad’s Double Chocolate chip. Either will create a delicious and gluten free dessert that will have you coming back for seconds… guaranteed.
Gluten Free Recipe Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1 can or 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups of crushed gluten free cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 cup toasted or flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
Gluten Free Recipe Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cover the bottom of a baking pan with cooking spray. We recommend a 13×9-inch pan.
- Crush the gluten free cookies into small fine pieces in food processor or blender
- Stir the cookie mix, butter and egg until completely mixed.
- With a rubber spatula, press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven for a moment and lightly drizzle the condensed milk over the pan. Sprinkle the coconut, walnuts and toppings onto the dough.
- Place the pan back into the oven and bake for another 1/2 hour or until the bars are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the bars cool for about 2 hours before cutting and serving.
Categorised in: Gluten Free Recipes