Switch up your holiday baking favorites with this delicious gluten free cookie pie crust! Glenda’s Kitchen gluten free pie crusts are a great substitute if you have family members that suffer from celiac disease, or are on a gluten free diet.
Our cookies in the crust will brighten up your favorite pie recipes and add a burst of new flavor to the profile of your gluten free desserts. They are so good that we doubt anyone at the table will even notice that the pie crust is gluten free.
For best results, use crisp and crunchy Glenda’s Kitchen cookies to maintain their texture after baking in the oven.
Gluten Free Recipe Ingredients
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 2 cups finely crushed Glenda’s Kitchen gluten free cookies
- ¼ cup sugar or alternative sweetener
Gluten Free Recipe Instructions
- Crush Glenda’s Kitchen cookies in a food processor or a blender. If you don’t have either of these, place them in a strong plastic bag and crush them with a spoon, tenderizer or other kitchen item until they are broken up into fine crumbs.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and cookie crumbs. Stir the butter into the cookie crumbs until they are blended together. The butter and cookie crumbs will become harder as you mix.
- Add the Sugar or other sweetener and mix into the gluten free cookie pie crust mix.
- Spread the mixture onto a pie plate or baking sheet and spread evenly across the plate forming the pie crust.
- Bake the pie crust in the oven for 7 – 9 minutes or until the crust is toasted and firm.
- Remove the gluten free cookie pie crust and let it sit until cool before placing filling into the crust.
Categorised in: Gluten Free Blog, Gluten Free Recipes